Wednesday, October 26, 2016

“My Dad Stood Against My Going Into Acting Initially But Later Gave His Blessings”





*Fast-rising Yoruba actress, Oluwaseun Jaiyesimi Speaks

*Set To Launch Movie: “Semilore” On 30Th October, 2016


Oluwaseun Jaiyesimi is one of the budding stars in the Yoruba movie industry and she is not resting on her oars in a bid to get to the top of her career. The dark complexioned actress who joined the industry in 2005 is set to launch her new movie entitled: “Semilore” on 30th October, 2016. The event which is billed to hold at the Glass House, 33, Olayiwola Street, Oko-Oba, Abule-Egba, Lagos, promises to be fun-filled as Fuji music star, Alhaji Wasiu Alabi Pasuma would be on the bandstand. In this interview with SAHEED OJUBANIRE, she spoke about her career, the movies she has featured in, her forthcoming launching and some other issues:

Q: For the purpose of this interview, can you give us your full name?

My name is Jaiyesimi Oluwaseun Mutiat.

Q: You are an actress; can you tell us how acting started for you?

I came into acting in 2005 through a friend called Modinat Oyewole better known by her stage name: Ashake. She introduced me to my boss in the movie industry, Oguntade Tajudeen in the Meiran Caucus of the Yoruba movie industry.
Q: Since you joined the industry, how many movies have you featured in?

I have featured in over twenty movies.

Q: Can you give us some of their titles?

Yes. Simisola Alasekari, Iyawo Soldier, Alatoto and many others.

Q: Did you play a major role in any of those movies?

Yes, a couple of them. And that includes: Asoju Olodumare and also Liz Anjorin’s recent movie titled: Owo Naija Bet.

Q: Do you do any other thing apart from acting?

I’m also a business woman. I go to Dubai and Turkey to bring in American wears.

Q: How do you now combine acting with your business?

Well, any time I travel I only spend about three to four days and that does not disturb my acting career.

Q: Are you married?

Well, I was married but now divorced. And I have two kids.

Q: Do you still have your parents around?

Yes.

Q: And what is their disposition to your going into acting?

Well, initially, my father was against it but eventually, when I finished my first degree and my MBA, and I still said I have interest in acting, he said I should go ahead since that is what I want.

Q: Do you have any role model in the industry?

Yes, Funke Akindele. She was my senior in secondary school. We attended the same Model College.

Q: You are planning an event for the 30th of October, 2016; can you tell us what it is all about?

It is all about the premiere my movie titled: “Semilore”. And the MCs for the event are Nike Peller, Alaroye Ijesha and Afefe Oro. The Oga Nla of Fuji, Alhaji Wasiu Alabi Pasuma would be on stage and there is going a lot to eat and drink for guests.

Q: Where do you see yourself in the movie industry in the next couple of years?

Well, I believe I will be a great person there.

Q: Finally, what is your message for your fans?

I love them all. And they should keep supporting me and my career.





No comments:

Post a Comment