Wednesday, February 13, 2013



   
                       Dear Valentine

Dear Valentine, I hope you are doing just fine
There are few questions for you that are all mine
And I must ask  before the setting of the day's sunshine
Because my people would soon begin to wine and dine
All in the name of a day they named after you, Valentine

They say its anniversary is on every February Fourteen
And they do some things as if their manners are rotten
All their religions forbid they would have forgotten
Little wonder they usually come out of it with nothing
Except for those who must have gone in by truly loving

Dear Valentine, how can my people know who is sincere?
Because you cannot know from the faces of those here
They have since all kept calling each other my dear
But they might not all be the real Mc Coy I just fear
And the time to do the credibility checking is not there...

Dear Valentine, how should my people celebrate your day?
Is it by going to different hotel or brothel like they may?
Or going for gifts for which they'll find difficult to pay?
Or for a blissful future together they should pray                                      Dear Valentine, let me hear what you have got to say

Written by Saheed Ojubanire and dedicated to all lovers around the world.Pls leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment